- New York Central Railroad Museum, 721 S. Main St.
- YMCA, 200 E. Jackson Blvd.
- Battell Center, 904 N. Main St.
Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, unless otherwise indicated. Please note: Cooling centers will not provide food or refreshments. Centers will not provide medical supplies or care. Pets are not allowed in the centers, but service animals will be permitted. No unattended children under the age of 16 will be allowed in the centers.
- Charles Martin Center (closes at 5 p.m.), 802 Lincoln Way West; 280-7092
- Charles Black Center, 3419 W. Washington St., 235-9446
- Leeper Tennis Center. 837 N. Lafayette St.; 299-4768
- Our Lady of the Road (operated by Catholic Worker of South Bend, a private facility), 744 S. Main St.; 235-0623
- O’Brien Center, 321 E. Walter St.; 299-3482
- Martin Luther King Center, 1522 W. Linden Ave.; 235-9445
- Bremen, Town’s Clerk Office, 123 S. Center St. (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday)
- Culver, Beach House meeting room and Town Hall conference room (8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday and Friday).
- Plymouth, Life Enrichment Center, 1305 W. Harrison St. (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Life Enrichment Center will provide transportation to those who need it to their facility: Call 936-9904
- Niles Fire Station Complex, 1345 E. Main St. The cooling center will open automatically whenever the temps reach 90 (or higher) or the National Weather Service issues a heat advisory.
Can’t get to the cooling center?
Niles Dial-A-Ride transportation system will offer one free ride per person per day to and from the cooling center. Those wanting cooling center transportation are asked to call 269-684-5150 as early in the day as possible as pickups depend on bus availabilities.
In an emergency, residents can call 911 for immediate help.