By Don Wagner email@example.com
2:53 PM EST, January 9, 2013
NORTH WEBSTER – A Warsaw man was seriously hurt Wednesday while he was trying to burn some trash.
Kosciusko County police say 31-year-old Toby Jackson was using gasoline to attempt to burn the trash when fire exploded back to the gas can and then onto him.
Jackson told police he was at a home somewhere on Backwater Road near North Webster and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital in Warsaw by his mother.
He was then moved to the St. Joseph Regional Burn Center in Fort Wayne where he was in serious condition with 2nd degree burns to his arms and neck and 3rd degree burns to his hands.
Police were called to Kosciusko Community Hospital around 9:00 a.m. after hospital staff called 911 dispatch about the burn victim.
County deputies tried to find the original scene of the fire but were unsuccessful after checking several locations.
The investigation continues into the case.
Copyright © 2013, WSBT-TV