Catholics across northern Indiana are remembering the man who led the church for almost a quarter of a century.
Funeral arrangements have been unveiled for Bishop John D’Arcy.
D’Arcy led the Fort Wayne-South Bend Catholic Diocese for 24 years until retiring three years ago.
He died Sunday at the age of 80 from a rare form of cancer.
A prayer was dedicated to Bishop D’Arcy during evening mass Sunday at Saint Matthew’s Church in South Bend.
Doctors diagnosed D’Arcy with cancer in his lungs and brain in December during a trip to Boston to visit his family.
Bishop John D’Arcy’s schedule of liturgies, issued Monday afternoon by the local Catholic diocese:
Wednesday February 6th, 2013
- Reception of the body and Morning Prayer at St. Matthew Cathedral, South Bend, will begin at 10 a.m. Visitation will be held throughout the day. Rosary will begin at 5 p.m. A Mass of Transferral celebrated by Bishop Kevin Rhoades will begin at 7 p.m.
Thursday February 7th, 2013
- Reception of the body and Morning Prayer at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne, will begin at 10 a.m., with visitation throughout the day. Rosary will begin at 5 p.m. Evening Prayer is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Friday February 8th, 2013
- Visitation of the body will take place from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne
- The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 12:00 noon at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Fort Wayne. A reception for all will immediately follow at the Grand Wayne Center.
- The Rite of Committal will be conducted privately with the family in the crypt of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.